There is one unidentified Doliops sp. in my collection wherein if we go by the elytral patterns, can be mistaken to mimic Pachyrrhynchus erichsonni WATERHOUSE 1841. However, upon a more detailed inspection, the size is just bigger, it is jet black with yellow-green markings that I am more inclined to say that this mimics a Pachyrrhynchus species under the venustus group which also occur in the same area in Mindanao.
While the elytral patterns are not as faithful to the species I have in mind, the color, however, is closer to a species that I suspect to be Pachyrrhynchus sulphureomaculatus.
- An undescribed Pachyrrhynchus and Metapocyrtus sp. from the Zamboanga Peninsula in Mindanao
- Pachyrrhynchus gemmatus and its undescribed Doliops sp. mimic
- Spectacular mimicry involving 3 species
- The genus Pachyrrhynchus and its mimic, genus Doliops
- Pachyrrhynchus amabilis SCHULTZE 1922 and its mimics