I have collected only once on the lower flanks of Mt. Matutum, South Cotabato a few years ago and it was in this mountain where I was able to get two almost similar species of Pachyrrhynchini, both undescribed. The first one is a Pachyrrhynchus sp. and the second is its mimic Metapocyrtus. It was rather unusual since these two species were collected on a few trees in a clearing that clearly used to be forest.
The resemblance is striking. Except for the greener color of the Metapocyrtus sp., the stripes match well with the Pachyrrhynchus species mimic.
- Undescribed species of Pachyrrhynchus and its equally undescribed Metapocyrtus mimic from Bukidnon
- Spectacular mimicry involving 3 species
- New images in salagubang.net
- An undescribed Pachyrrhynchus and Metapocyrtus sp. from the Zamboanga Peninsula in Mindanao
- Pachyrrhynchus amabilis SCHULTZE 1922 and its mimics